Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Perfect Picture

One of the local bloggers compared Senator Obama visit to that of a movie studio today. When I was in my twenties I visited the Grand Canyon for the first time in person. I looked out over the south rim and just could not believe that it looked just like looking at a picture. I wanted it to look less perfect somehow so that it would feel more real to me. After seeing Senator Obama yesterday I came away with the same feeling. He is just what he appears to be on all of the videos that I have watched up to this point. He is as perfect in person as he is on camera. There is no fake behavior about the man. I can see why republicans are so upset about him visiting our state. Senator Obama is open and honest and more important he is real with people all of the time. We are the same age and he even words reactions in the same manner as people in my age group. I can see why so many democrats strongly support this man for our next president.

We don’t want a George W. Bush clone in office that will say one thing in public and do another when he is elected to office someone who has no problem lying to the public and that is just what Senator McCain would do if elected. Senator McCain does not care what the voting public thinks when it comes to issues because like President Bush he is willing to dismiss our views on issues. We have told him loud and clear to end the war but he keeps saying that it can go on for ever if he is elected to office.

A lot of people are upset with Senator Obama right now because of the FISA bill. I have learned from his behavior in the past on other issues that if enough people stand up and tell the Senator their views on the matter that he would take another look at this issue, something that the Republican Party can’t or won’t do in our life time when it comes to issues. If you plan on calling Senator Obama’s office all that I ask of the voting public is that you remember to be polite to the person answering the phones that does not mean that you can’t express your strong feelings on the issue just try to remember that the person on the other end is a volunteer and they will pass the information on to the right people. Senator Obama will give honest answers to the voting public and I think that he will make a far better president then Senator McCain could ever hope to.

One last note: Senator Obama expressed the desire to spend a lot more time in New Mexico at the end of his visit. We can look forward to seeing him again before November in our state.