Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after Christmas

Home for the Holidays

Christmas was nice this year. My daughter got a new bicycle and a gameboy DS from Santa Claus. I got Avon from my brother and his wife. I gave myself a nice Asian tea set for two. Who knew that David could have that much of an impact on my behavior and no I will not be returning to my republican family roots anytime in the near future. Sorry David.

I truly hope he gets his wish for Christmas!

I am truly hoping that Governor Richardson gets a big white house in a red bow this year for Christmas. I think he has been a very good Governor and has earned it. I hear that Iowa is very flat and cold this time of year. I won’t get to go until the 2012 election because my daughter is still a little young for that type of campaigning. Everyone that has the opportunity should plan to spend New Years Eve with Governor Richardson in Iowa. I hear that he has the best party in the country planned for the end of the year. I know that he has a lot of supporters here in Albuquerque. I will do my part by going down to his campaign office here in the city this week and giving some of my time to help.


A lot of groups are doing their top ten lists for the end of the year. I thought I would do my own.

End of the year top ten list.
  1. Governor Bill Richardson announces that he would run for President of the United States.
  2. Senator Pete Domenici announces that he will not run for the Senate.
  3. Congressman Tom Udall announces that he would run for the US Senate.
  4. City Councilman Martin Heinrich announces that he would run for CD1.
  5. Congresswoman Heather Wilson pulls out of race for CD1.
  6. Energy Bill passes and is signed into law. Every little bit helps Senator Bingaman.
  7. Diane Denish announces that she would run for New Mexico Governor.
  8. Brain Colon was elected State Chair for the Democratic Party of New Mexico.
  9. Mayor Martin Chavez pulled out of the race for US Senate.
  10. Educators will get a 2% raise in the Higher Education Field. One can only hope that the State Legislators will find more money to give higher raises to the hard working educational support staff in this state. I know how much I could use the money.

    After looking at this list I can say it was a very good year for us political junkies here in New Mexico.