Friday, October 24, 2008

I Voted Today

I did not have to stand in any lines. I walked in filed out the paperwork then put it in the machine and then I was done. It took far less time then I had expected it to because of what the news media has been saying. I went down to the voting poll on Lomas and Sixth Street (620 Lomas) around 1:00 pm. It took me longer to fill out the ballot then it did to get through the process to get to that point in the process. It makes you wonder if maybe the media is playing up the lines to discourage people from voting. I do suggest that you print out a copy of the ballot from the county clerk’s office (Maggie Toulouse Oliver is doing a great job and should be one of the first people you vote for on the list) and fill it out before you go and do the deed so you can save yourself some time.

Tomorrow I will make a list of the people I voted for as an endorsement. Should anyone have forgotten to ask me to vote for them now is the time to ask because anyone that did not ask even if I voted for them will not appear on my list. Let’s just say that the top four on the ticket already asked nicely. I can honestly say that out of all the request I got Supreme Court Justice Charles W. Daniels out did any other candidate this year and truly deserved his vote. The other candidates can take lessons for Justice Daniels.