Thursday, June 26, 2008

Senator Bingaman a New Mexico's Brand of Change

Senator Bingaman is Clearly Supporting Martin Heinrich for Congress in District One

I got this email for Senator Bingaman this morning. It is clear that the Senator is beginning to help local candidates raise money for the fall elections. Senator Bingaman makes it clear who he is supporting.

“He's (Martin Heinrich) a passionate, principled leader who I can work with to deliver the change that our nation so desperately needs.

I worked with Martin when he was on the Albuquerque City Council, and I was impressed with his commitment to taking on tough issues and bringing diverse constituencies together to deliver results.

More directly, I worked alongside Martin to preserve the Ojito Wilderness in Sandoval County, and I saw that Martin has the skills and aptitude to join the long line of New Mexico Congressmen who have been effective advocates for their constituents.

We need him in Congress to work with Tom Udall, Barack Obama and me to move America toward energy independence, end the disastrous war in Iraq, and turn our economy around.”