Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Democratic Woman’s Values

It is strange but men do not always understand the value systems of democratic women. We vote for candidates because they show that they care about family issues that affect our everyday lives.

I personally never want anyone to speak too harshly to my child but then I expect a great deal for her myself. I want her to get a good education but at the same time I expect teachers to be treated fairly. I expect her teachers to go all out to work with children and to advance their education but I also expect government to give them the freedom and supplies they need to do a good job. Teachers like all individuals should be paid a living wage so that they do not have to worry about those issues while at work.

I want the freedom of choice when it comes to my own body but I would never harm a child. I would have given my life for that of my child during my pregnancy but I feel that the government should have no right when it comes to deciding what is good for me or my child.

I want people to stand on their own two feet and work hard to advance themselves but at the same time I feel that employers should pay a fair wage and not pay administration what I consider to be outrages salaries while refusing to give fair wages to their everyday workers.

Were life of a community is concerned I feel that government should do everything in their power to protect people from harm but I expect people to take responsible for their own actions and not do things that bring harm to themselves or others. Anyone that disrespects the rule of law should be held accountable for their actions.

I expect candidates to be honest and set a good example for our children but at the same time I don’t think the media should launch personal attacks on them or their families.

I want energy that is reasonably priced but I also want to protect the environment for my child and future grandchildren. I think that the government has not put enough money into research and development in the recent past and that as a result we are now paying the price at the pump and in heating our homes. The price of basic everyday items such as food, drinks, clothes, and personal care items have also risen because of the lack of foresight of the Bush Administration.

I will not vote for a woman just because she is a woman but if she has good ideas and she stands up for my values then I will be more then happy to support her for an elected position. I don’t feel that Sarah Palin can in anyway represent my values therefore I will not vote for her in November.