Sunday, September 14, 2008

Democrats have forgetting to be thankful for the ones we have

As of late all we hear about is the Republican Party’s candidates. We hear what they will be unable to do for us. We hear about their negative side. We hear what they have failed to do for our country. I have been as guilty as the rest to be drawn off topic by the negative Republican Party after all they are the masters of doing just that to our party.

Now is the time to say what we are grateful for in our own candidates. I personally am very grateful that Joe Biden can talk more then me. It is nice to know that I am not the only member of my party that has strong views on the middle class. It is great that our next vice president understands that our children are a great value and that he will do everything he can to protect them from harm. I am grateful that Senator Obama grew up the son of a single mother so that he will understand what I go through everyday trying to raise a daughter all by myself. I am grateful that he has two daughters of his own so that he will value equal pay for all women in this country.

I am grateful that Tom Udall decided to run for the senate seat because he is a wonderful choice for our party. He cares about a woman’s right to choose. It is not that I wish any child to die but I don’t want the government to tell me how to control my own body in such a personal manner when it should be a decision made by me and my doctor. After all I had no problem tell my doctor that my child’s life was more important them mine to me. I am grateful that Tom Udall cares for the environment because I want a world for my daughter and my future grandchildren to have in the future. It is great that he wants to develop American made energy that is renewable so that we don’t have to face rising cost at the pump and with basic needs such as food. I am grateful as an educational employee that Congressman Udall cares about paying us a livable wage and that he cares about children and their education.

I am grateful that we have Martin Heinrich to run for congress since he will work well with Ben Rey Lujan and Harry Teague in the House of Representatives this next year. He cares about the same issues that Tom Udall cares about and will move the congress in the right direction. He has a beautiful family with two young sons so he wants a quality educational system for them and children like them. He is a great outdoors man and will want to make the outdoors a place that he and his son’s can enjoy for a long time to come. He has worked with children so he knows how important healthcare is for everyone.

We have a whole list of candidates from top to bottom of the ballot that we should be grateful for in our state. From the district court judges who work hard everyday to give us fair and equal justice to the state senators who will bring us new laws that will provide us more income in the field of education.

Our job is easy. All we have to do is take a few minutes out of our busy life to show these people how grateful we are for their presents by voting for them either at home with a vote by mail ballot or by going to the polls and casting our ballot either early or on election day. I encourage each and every democrat to take the time to think about what makes you grateful for the presents of our candidates. It will make you feel a lot happier then thinking about what you don’t like about the republican candidates then go out and tell a friend why they should vote for our candidates without criticizing the republican candidates.