Monday, February 2, 2009

First Day on the City Bus

I got to work with a few minutes to spare and it did not take me that long at all. The bus driver on 317 was very friendly and helpful. I think the addition of college students to the commute has helped the system greatly. People appear friendly and I even saw a baby on the bus today. Albuquerque has made great progress in their public transit system since I moved here in 1987. Greg Payne should tell his bus drivers that they are doing a great job. Now if the college will just not give me a hard time about taking the company vehicle when they require that I change campuses to substitute. You would think that if they are encouraging people to ride the bus to work that they would not make it so they could not do their job once they were at work. Going green means supporting that effort throughout the system but the college is always behind the city when it comes to supporting green progress. Good going to the leaders of this city for making it far more travel friendly then even our capital city.