Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Healthcare-Sick Day-At Home

Today I spent the day in the Presbyterian healthcare system trying to figure out why I had a sharp pain in my lower right side that does not want to go away. The doctor sent me to the hospital to make sure it was not my appendix which fortunately it was not. Few people my age have problems with their appendix but considering where the pain was it was better to make sure. The person that took the CT scan was very polite and at a time when I did not feel all that well it was nice to have someone who cared about taking good care of a patent. The treatment was no fun and that included me getting poked with two needles before all was said and done.

I am one of the lucky ones that still have healthcare insurance but since I have cancer and a major hip replacement I can not afford not to have the insurance no matter how costly it gets. Due to my medical condition it would cost far more if I did not have health insurance.

Strange that most people hate to have their friends around while they are ill especially if it is not catching but I am one of those people who want my friends to baby me while I am sick. My grandfather would spoil me rotten as a child if I got sick while visiting him and I have always had good memories of that ever since. The problem is that all of my friends treat me the way they would want to be treated at times like this and so here I am all alone feeling sick and neglected while I type away on my computer at home.

I should say that our congressmen are not making me feel neglected and neither is our president. First our president would like me to tell all of them and our senators that I support his budget which I do and I very much want more investment in our educational system. Please make sure it goes to educators and classrooms and not into over paid educational administration salaries.

As for all our congressmen are doing for this state, all I can keep saying is good job gentlemen. We are seeing funding for veterans healthcare, land protection, water protection and housing. You got to admire Harry Teague for keeping up with Ben Luján and Martin Heinrich in Washington because I don’t see where they are finding time to get much rest with all they are doing for our state. Makes our past representatives from the southern and the middle part of the state look like they were asleep at the job but Congressman Luján has some big shoes to fill in his part of the state nevertheless so far he is doing a great job at it. House speaker Ben Luján Sr. must be very proud of his son.