Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saint Patrick’s Day Should be a Happier Day

On this date in history Saint Patrick died which was a sad day for the Irish people but they have a habit of celebrating the death of people they respect. We wear green and eat corned beef with potatoes. We have parades and drink beer which is colored green. We consider everyone Irish on Saint Patty’s day because the Irish feel that family is one of the most important things in life. We adopt friends into our family and they have to put up with us like we are family.

I give my friends little gifts leading up to Saint Patrick’s Day and fix a nice dinner for my daughter. This year I was a bit of a nag to one of my friends but I was very happy to get a phone call. I appreciate my friends who take time from their busy schedules to just spend time with me and put up with me when I am being a nag especially on holidays. I should try to stress less and just enjoy the time I get to spend with them after all they are like family. Then again maybe that is why I react the way I do to them.

This has been a day when the leaders of our country are being just as bad as I am because they received bad news about how AIG spent taxpayer’s dollar and they are too upset to just enjoy the day. All of the federally elected official are expressing their anger at the large insurance company and are looking to find a way to get the money back for AIG and their top executives. The American people are one hundred percent behind them on this endeavor because they are just as outraged as the Obama Administration over how these relief funds were spent. I should think that maybe it is time for the government to take over the company then split it into smaller companies so that anyone could afford to fail without harming the economy maybe then the companies would be more responsive to the taxpayers when it comes to bailout funds they receive. If AIG think they’re too big to fail maybe it is time they were cut down to size.