Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Republicans cover up vote buying at Pre-Primary Convention

I am floored by the local media when it comes to reporting the Republican Party scandal on vote buying during the Pre-Primary Convention. It just goes to show how one sided the reporting is in this city. I don’t begin to think of myself as a reporter. I am a blogger on political issues that affect women in this city but I could not begin to hide a scandal if it happened in my own party. Former Republican Governor David Cargo should be given credit for standing up to the Republican Party and telling the truth about what occurred at his party’s convention. I truly have a new respect for my own party in this city. When we have a problem it is taken care of and not hidden. The news as of late has been reporting problems with a former district court judge and a current metropolitan court judge. I know members of my party take these problems seriously and have dealt with them. One judge is no longer a judge and can not practice law any longer. The other is facing the New Mexico State Supreme Court for reprimand if not removal in the near future. My question is what if anything is the Republican Party doing in response to the charges leveled against two if not three of their own high ranking candidates? Why are they not asking the hard questions and finding answers that they can then report to the voting public?