Monday, November 24, 2008

Emerge New Mexico- A woman’s Route to Public Office

If you are a woman and have every wondered about running for a public office like say board of education, state representative, state senator, city council or mayor then this is the program for you because it trains women on how to run for public office. People often ask me why I don’t run for public office since I am a walking and talking politician from the moment you met me. My answer is that I will never run for a publicly held office and I made that decision when I turned eighteen. I am more than happy to report about politics and express my views on policy and issues. I love to support candidates that I can believe in and question them to no ends but holding office is not what I want since I work doing what I love most teaching and helping students at the college level. Politics for me is my hobby and it is fun so let’s leave it at that shall we. I would love to see more women in this state run for local elected offices and encourage any woman interested to check out the emerge program. Once you decide to run for a public office trust me when I say I will be around.

“What Is Emerge?

Emerge is a political leadership training program for Democratic women in New Mexico.

The Emerge mission is to identify, educate, and inspire Democratic women who want to pursue a career in politics at the local and state level in New Mexico. Emerge is dedicated to making a long-term investment in these future leaders by developing their political and media skills; expanding their knowledge of local issues; and connecting them with mentors.”

So, what are you waiting for ladies, let's show the men of New Mexico how to do it the right way.
How smart are you compared to an elected official? Why not take the test.