Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Democratic Candidate Speaking from the Heart

The public often wonder why candidates run for office. You don’t often get the opportunity to speak with them in private so that they can open up to you. I speak with candidates all of the time and give them a very hard time on issues. I say things that drive them up the wall just to see how they will react. It is reactions like this one that gives me hope that our candidates truly care about the voting public and not just themselves. We could do a lot worst then voting for someone like this person.

"Do you know of anyone else who can speak from the same place that I can? I have cleaned the toilets of other people while they looked down on me, and I have been in the fanciest offices in the biggest buildings in the biggest cities. I am doing this, because I understand, not because I expect to get anything from it personally other than the reward of knowing that one seat is occupied by someone who thinks of nothing but helping others. The attention of others means nothing. Helping others means everything."