Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Senator Kennedy Returns Home

Today Senator Kennedy returned home with the support of his family and of our country. It was reported that he recovered from the biopsy quickly and would be awaiting further medical reports from the comfort of his home on the southern tip of Cape Cod.

Senator Kennedy has expressed a desire to be in a weekend boat race. I went hiking and camping the weekend after I was diagnosed with cancer so I see no reason why he should not be allowed to enjoy himself this weekend. I know that people wish to express their concern but people with cancer also need to be allowed to live their life. Trust me when I say treatment will not encourage him to have too much fun so he should enjoy himself now before the treatments start.

People should also not be too quick to start writing his post mortem since doctors can not say for sure how cancer will progress in someone. I was only given a 40% survival change when I was diagnosed and 17 years later I am still alive and kicking to the disappointment of many republicans. My mother was Irish and she always had a saying “God don’t want you and the devil is afraid that you would take over.” I get the feeling that Senator Kennedy fits that profile so he should be able to survive with a little help from the medical community.