Saturday, May 17, 2008

“Hate”

Hate is one of those words that I don’t use because it denotes a feeling that can only eat away at the person using it. If you don’t want someone is your life then that is up to you but why spend so much energy with such a negative feeling when there are so many people in the world that deserve your love. I spend all of my time with people that I enjoy talking to and getting to know. Please! don’t confuse love with letting people walk all over you because I can get angry just ask some of the candidates that have made that mistake with me but I am willing to get over being angry quickly and I don’t have a problem with talking over what makes me angry at a person. If I feel that someone dose not respect me and is making me angry all of the time then I make my feeling clear to them and then I dismiss them from my life. I always try to give a person a fair chance to solve any problems before I walk away.

The news reported that Senator Obama was not voted for in West Virginia because of racism which should be described as an ultra form of hate but I would hope that most West Virginians did not vote for him because of his position on the related issues of coal, the local environment, and safety in the mines. To me it would make more sense that they liked Senator Hillary Clinton’s views on those issues. I would think that their vote for Senator Clinton was an attempt to make their feelings clear on those issues to our future president.

We are all democrats and we must put aside any negative feeling for our presidential candidate in the near future if we are to bring the party back together. Our party needs to let go of the angry feelings. Hate can only destroy our chance at change and we can not afford to allow hate to destroy this country. It is time for peace and reaching out with love and kindness to those who have felt the sting of hate from others. I am not saying that anyone should stop making their feeling known on the issues.

Speaking about making my feelings known on issues:

Shame on Don Wiviott for the attack ad he launched against Ben Ray Lujan Jr. I would remind him that we are not republicans. Please stick to the issues in the future Mr. Wiviott.